Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fun at the ekka...

I can remember going to the ekka when I was a kid. We would catch the train in and go home with showbags up each arm and a dolly or teddy on a stick.   Then there was the strawberry ice creams, dagwood dogs, fairy floss..... And the animals. They would have to be one of my favourite parts...

Well, it's a bit more expensive these days but I wanted my kids to have good memories too so we headed off to the ekka with my Mum and Dad. We bought one showbag each and had a strawberry icecream and shared a dagwood dog. I took our own salad rolls, juice and treaties and we all had a great time.



Ready for the big adventure.

Walking along with my Mum and Dad (and Jack)  Laura following along behind with the camera.  Really enjoyed the 'Woolworths Pavilion' sampling lots of yummy food. Dad bought some hot buttered mushrooms.  

We went to the showbag pavillion early to get Jack's Bob the Builder showbag before it got too crowded.

Pa also bought him the Blinky Bill showbag.

Laura found her new car. She really likes it and it's the colour she would love too.

Running out of energy...

Long trip back to the car with sore feet...
Thanks Grandma and Pa for a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Man . . . as much as I hate the Ekka I love it! I bet you were exhausted, but happy = )
    So many things to see . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo that Little Biggsie took of your Dad and JB. It's as though while all the hustle and bustle is going on around them, time just seems to stand still at the point where they're holding hands... Well done Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete