Monday, August 18, 2008

Animal nursery at the ekka...

We had a great time in the animal nursery.  I loved all the baby animals and it was great to see Jack and Laura having such a good time with them all. When I was little we lived on a farm. We used to collect the eggs, milk the cow, ride horses... wish I could let my kids have that experience too.

Black and white cows are my favourite.

We used to have 3 goats on our farm.  We had Jet and Dora, the 2 kids that I had to bottle feed every day. And Zachary, a rather large white goat. When Chris and I were dating, he used to come and visit me at our farm and grab Zachary's legs and tackle him to the ground. One day Zachary had enough, and as Chris was walking along beside the barn, Zachary came running up behind him and butted him in his backside and Chris lifted off the ground up into the air. Don't think Chris bothered him much after that.

Resting with the calf...

Quack, quack...

1 comment:

  1. JB looks like he's having the best time! I especially love the pic where he and the calf are pretending to be asleep... Jack Biggs is "The Calf Whisperer." ;)

    ReplyDelete