Saturday, August 23, 2008

Date with my girl...

Last Saturday, Laura and I went out to spend some time together. We had such a lovely time. We started off early and stopped at the local service station for the Saturday paper. Laura got busy searching for garage sales and reading the street directory. (See, we even do homeschooling on Saturdays.) We found a couple of garage sales to stop at but our tummies soon needed feeding so we stopped for our morning coffee and some bacon & eggs. Friends met up with us and we enjoyed browsing (and buying) at one of our favourite gift shops and then we were back in the car and off exploring secondhand shops. We found a beauty that we will definitely be back to. Then we had a little bit more retail therapy, some sushi and back home to our boys. What a great way to spend a Saturday... I love my daughter so much and I love how close we are. She is so beautiful, not just on the outside but on the inside too. I am very proud to be her Mummy.

Enjoying a morning coffee...


Checking the 'Garage Sale' columns of the paper...

Here's another garage sale we could try...

Below are some of the garage sale/second hand shop finds...

Some books for Jack (this is one of them).

A gorgeous 'set of 2' teacups for Laura and I to use when we have teatime together. I love the pale blue and floral design.


A jug I am going to use for water at the dinner table at night. I love glass and I can always remember the big glass bottle my grandma used to keep in her fridge filled with icy cold water. The glass always seemed to make the water colder.

Taking home a little present for Jack too...

"Thanks Mummy and Laura for my new car."

4 comments:

  1. The cafe shots look great! :)
    Love the teacup and saucer sets! What a find...
    Had fun grabbing some bargains with you girls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Where did that jar come from again? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha jools.... you mean the water jug...
    it has a spout on it so it must be for pouring liquid out not putting it in... LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that's lovely! I'm looking forward to building that sort of close relationship with my little girl.

    ReplyDelete