Monday, October 6, 2008

Gratitude Monday...

I am so thankful for a heavenly Father who never lets us go without anything. 
Many times on our journey in life, we have wondered how we were going to be able to pay the bills or afford things we needed, and God has never let us down.

I can still remember when we moved to Tasmania (when Laura was 6 months old) and all we took with us was what we could fit in our car and trailer. When we arrived, we visited the local op shops and garage sales to buy the things we needed. We were praying for furniture because we were sleeping on the floor.
Well, God told someone (from our new church) to give us a dresser that they had made out of old floorboards. I had a photo of one very similar in my "house folder". A folder I have made with all my favourite pictures in of how I would like to have our house one day. It blew me away that God cared so much about something like that. God knows the desires of your heart. Yes we were still sleeping on a mattress on the floor for a while but every time I see my dresser, I am reminded of the blessing God gave us. (I would post a photo of my dresser on here but there is a bit too much dust on it at the moment) :)

So our journey continues and I need to continue to trust in God for all that we need and for our prophecy to be fulfilled...

"My God shall supply all your needs, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
Phillipians 4:19

"Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your heart and mind, quiet and at rest, when you trust in Christ Jesus. "
Phillipians 4:6,7

or here is the Message Bible version...

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."
Phillipians 4:6,7 

4 comments:

  1. Amen!
    I love it how God has provided for you & us on many occasions by having us combine our resources!
    And I love it how God blessed us with the Biggsies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww.... We are incredibly blessed too by having the Smithies in our life.
    And yes, we have had the yummiest meals by combining our fridge and pantry contents...
    Great memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to pause and remember his faithfulness in our lives...thank you for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Melissa. Its so great to 'hear your thoughts'-Its tricky in the midst of life to hear these heart whispers. XXS

    ReplyDelete