Monday, September 29, 2008

Family day at O'Reillys...

We had such a lovely day on Saturday. I was in the middle of going through my pantry and re-organising, and Chris thought it would be a good idea to escape the house and head off for a drive. So I threw everything back in the pantry, had a quick shower and jumped into 'bluey'. You don't need to twist my arm into going on family drive. I have such great memories of going on family drives when I was a child. 

After a quick look at 2 garage sales and then a quick stop in a country town for some popcorn chicken and gravy, we were off into the countryside.

Jack started the trip with "Are we there yet?" but soon tired of that and enjoyed looking for cows, tractors and cattle grids.

Laura was the 'gate girl' and off we headed up into the mountains.

Finally we arrived at O'Reillys. We stopped for lunch, iced coffees and milkshakes at the restaurant and then we were off to feed the birds. 


Look at that handsome man. 

Sharing the birdseed and waiting for the birds to land.

What happens if you put birdseed in your hair?
A birdie lands on your head. 
(Please excuse the terrible photo of myself, I have more chins than the chinese phone book.)

I sprinkled some birdseed on Jack's head too. He squealed with delight.

My beautiful kiddies.

Time for the treetop walk. It was a looooooong way down to the bottom of the forest.
I'm not too good with heights so I clung tightly to the edge.

I didn't actually look over the edge to take this photo. I just pointed the camera that way and clicked. If I looked it made my tummy go all funny. :)

Following my family across the bridge. If I walked on the same part as they did, the bridge swayed too much for me.

The birds were so beautiful. God creation is amazing.

3 comments:

  1. We are gonna plan a trip to O'reily's.
    Looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful day out! How long did it take to get there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say again how much I love hearing your "voice" in your blog? It's like having you standing here talking to us - it's so YOU and it's wonderful. Your sense of humour is so fantastic. I laughed out loud three times during this post, with your dry wit dropped in here and there... I absolutley loved the "chins" comment, although i completely disagree - you are a beautiful woman, inside and out. Thanks for keeping this blog - i love it.

    ReplyDelete