Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My beautiful weekend away...

I just had the most beautiful weekend away with girlfriends. We stayed in this amazing house near Bangalow for 2 nights...

This is a side view of the house. 4 of the windows you can see are the built in bunk beds...

This is the front of the house...

Even the back of the house had a little porch to sit on. They had cricket bats and balls in an old crate with some tonka trucks to play with too. (We obviously didn't play with these but they will be great when I go back with the family)...

This is one of the side verandahs with the kitchen at the end. We ate most meals here looking at the incredible view. Over on the right you have your own pool too...

This is a view of the house from the pool...

Enjoying a beautiful breakfast made by Melissa G. It was so nice to sit and relax...

Then we enjoyed a beautiful lunch by Jenny. Yes, back on the lovely verandah...

I liked the first aid kit on the wall. I have 2 boxes like this in my shed. I'll have to copy their idea. I'll just put it on my 'to make' list with all the other ideas I have. :)

Loved the old signs around the house...

This was my room. It was at the front of the house with a french door going out onto the verandah. There were 4 bedrooms in the house so it sleeps 10 people...

This is another view of my room. The curtains were vintage fabric my Grandma used to have...

Yes, another view of my room. I loved the little framed pictures on my wall. All the frames were painted white and they had fabric in the frames. (Another idea for my 'to make' list...)

And this was the view from my bedroom window. Jen and I arrived late the first night so it was dark when we arrived. When I woke up in the morning this was the first thing I saw. It was soooo beautiful. The house is up on top of a hill with lovely country views. I can't wait to take my family back there...

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a fantastic place? Was it very expensive...looks like a great place to take a few families away for the weekend...must keep that in mind when we move back in a few years time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't expensive if you share the cost with other families. It was such a beautiful place. I want to take my family back. The website is http://www.basilsbrush.com.au/
    Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting...
    xx

    ReplyDelete