Friday, February 27, 2009

My old cubby...


I just saw my old cubby on the news tonight. It's an old vintage 1954 'don' caravan that has been fully renovated. My parents sold it a few years ago and the people that bought it fully restored it and tour with it now as a vintage caravan. It will be on show this weekend in Maroochydore.
It has been lovingly restored, complete with leadlight windows, polished timber floors, and chenille bed covers, and they tow it behind a 1961 Humber. (I found this photo of the van with it's new owners.)

I used it as my cubby house on our farm near Fernvale on the Brisbane River. Then my parents travelled with it to Western Australia and Tasmania. It was such a cute little caravan. It had double bunks and the table folded down to a double bed. Ahhhh.... Memories...

4 comments:

  1. Now how cool is that?!
    How nice to think that your cubby has been re-born.
    I used to play in my parents van too . . . it was my club house for the Pink Panther Club . . . there were only 2 members, my bf & I!!
    Happy days : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool...was it always green or has it been painted...the people who own it now look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it used to be all white. Yer they do look happy. It looks great inside but couldn't find any pictures of it.

    And Tiff, bf is best friend not boy friend hey... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever at finding stuff like this! Its cute how it matches the car. XX S

    ReplyDelete