Monday, February 23, 2009

Camping at Kingscliff...

You can plan to go away but you can't plan what the weather will be...
I was really looking forward to camping at Kingscliff for 5 nights with my family and Mum and Dad but the weather changed our plans. As soon as we set the camper up, the rain came down and didn't stop. It was so wet and windy we had to pack up and come home early. Alot of our stuff was getting wet and Chris and Jack were really sick....  Here are a few pics we managed to take without getting the camera wet.

Lots of Lego building with Jack and Richard Scarry reading.... 

This friendly crab tried to come into our camper and visit us.... Mmmm.... Thankfully Jack and I found him trying to come in the door on our way out the door.

Biggsie made a Roast Lamb and veggies in the new Cobb oven...

It was sooo yummy. It was the highlight of our trip. Laura made a beautiful homemade gravy to go with it. Even the potatoes went crunchy.

And here is Tweetie Pie trying to keep dry, or is it little yellow riding hood. 
I need to get Laura on the other side of the camera. Due to the weather and other circumstances beyond my control there are no photos of Laura... 
Sorry Laura, I will make it up to you real soon.. :) Actually in 2 weeks time Laura will be bridesmaid and I'm sure I will be posting many photos of her in her stunning dress. I can't wait to see her on the day. She looks so beautiful in the dress. 

3 comments:

  1. Roast looks fantastic! Hope you are feeling better, see you tonight maybe? K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love a good lamb roast - but I take my hat off to you cooking one while camping! It just takes the camping experience to a whole new gourmet level! Love the yellow hoodie too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) It's my yellow $2 poncho I brought from the cheap shops to try and keep dry.
    I'll show you at Easter how easy it is to use the Cobb and have a roast while your camping. You can bake cakes and pizzas too.

    ReplyDelete