Saturday, October 10, 2009

Family day at the beach...

It's been a rather busy couple of weeks so it was nice to have a day off and head to the beach with my family. One of my favourite things to do. We had breakfast at Labrador looking out over the broadwater.

Then we headed further down to Burleigh Heads for a swim and some vintage shopping. Chris and Jack went for a swim while Laura and I checked out 2 thrift stores and some cool new vintage shops. We made it back to the beach in time to watch a rain cloud pass by...

Then it cleared to a beautiful blue sky...

Laura enjoyed burying her brother in the sand...

I enjoyed being out of the house and not looking at my 'to do' list...

My beautiful girl...

And apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so. The guy at the gelato shop gave Laura an extra large single scoop of ferro roche gelato. I didn't get that much peppermint choc-chip...

Jack was so excited to get his own...

Found a gorgeous shop called 'dragon fly' with kids clothes and toys. You can also relax there and have coffee and cake. I'll be going back there...

Jack loves it at the beach...

2 comments: